Robofest World Championship - June 1, 2 and 3, 2017
This document is last updated on June 7
NEW! Official List of Winners & Results of Each Category
NEW! Results/Scores of Each Category
- Saturday Competitions: Jr. Game Sr. Game RoboHit Math Jr. Exhibition Sr. Exhibition Sr. Exhibition Judges' Comments Jr. GRAF Sr. GRAF Vcc
- Friday Competitions: RoboParade Longest Hit UMC BottleSumo (Jr & Sr)
St. Pete Beach Community Center, 7701 Boca Ciega Dr, St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
New! Official Program in PDF with list of teams (May 30)
Schedule (Tentative, as of May 22, 2017, please note that the banquet on Thu June 1 is now canceled.)
- Please review the Schedule of events.
- Thursday 5:30 pm: Meet Up & Welcome at Upham Beach is open to everyone. Food Trucks will be available for visitors to purchase dinner if interested.
- Friday 4:00 - 4:30 pm: Site Host and Coach meeting (Raymond room) for general questions or instructions.
- Friday 4:30 pm: Pizza Dinner for all in attendance. No Cost. No Reservation required.
- Saturday 12:00 - 1:00 pm: Award Ceremony for all Thursday and Friday events.
- Saturday 3:30 pm: Award Ceremony for all Saturday events.
- The City of St. Pete Beach is working with local hotels to get our teams the best rates for the event. Please visit City of St. Pete Beach Website for the list. Other hotels are also available nearby.
- International teams: Each team must pay $50 registration fee collected by LTU and $20 collected by Florida organizers. (Example: a coach has a team participating in Game as well as BottleSumo. In this case, the coach needs to pay $100 to LTU and $40 to Florida organizer)
- RoboHit Game and Exhibition teams who already paid $50 registration fees this 2017 season - $20 check-in fee collected by Florida organizer
- Open Category BottleSumo, UMC, Vcc, RoboParade, and GRAF teams: $50 to LTU and $20 to Florida organizer
- WISER participants and Robot Drawing Contest registrants do not need to pay $20 check-in fees.
- $20 check-in fees can be paid by cash, check, or online at: www.spbrec.com (Click on World Robofest Team Entry Fee link)
Advancement Process to World Robofest
- Michigan teams – at a minimum, trophy winners from Michigan Championships will be invited to World Robofest
- Non-Michigan US teams – Please review section 14 & 15 in the General Rules for non-Michigan US Exhibition teams to advance to World Championship via Video Screening
- International teams – Winners from each country will be directly invited to World Robofest
- International Video Qualifier teams – Winners from International Video Qualifier will be directy invited to attend World Robofest after screening
- June 1: Robot Drawing
- Juen 2: RoboParade, UMC, and BottleSumo
- June 3: Game and Exhibiton, GRAF, and Vcc
Important Administrative Information (added on May 25)
- The check-in desk will be open starting June 1 for coaches to confirm their arrival, gather general information and get schedules. For each day, Coaches or Assistant Coaches ONLY will need to check in each team in for each registered division. Check-in will open 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time for each division. We will not be able to check in teams early for events. If you have a team participating in multiple events, please check in for each event separately to receive your team ID badges and Participation Certificates.
- Each team member (Coaches, assistant coaches, players) must submit a new Consent and Release form for the World Championship. Please print and bring your completed, signed forms.
- Due to the space constraints and the number of teams registered for the RoboHit and BottleSumo Game, spectators will be seated in the spectator area outside the Gymnasium with a live stream video link to watch the event.
- Things to know in PDF compiled by the Florida Organizers
Notes to Game Teams
Only team members, Judges, Proctors and Official Volunteers will be allowed in the pit during the entire game. Games will be broadcasted to spectators.
Team will be disqualified immediaty, if team handles or interferes with another team’s robot, laptop, competition or personal materials (either in pit or impound area). See Proctor Violation Report form.
Completion time (or remaining time) of each round will be recorded and used as a tie breaker.
Official fields will be open for practice. Make sure the robot meets size requirements.
Chariging is not allowed after impounding. Note that robots are impounded after Round 1 during lunch break. (5-28-17)
Slides in PDF to train World Championship Judges (5-28-17)
Notes to Exhibition Teams
Each team will be given maximum 4 minutes for official presentation using a microphone. The 4 minute presentation should include team and member introduction, robot introduction, and demonstration. Teams must be at the table during the time slots specifed in the schedule.
As noted in the Robofest top level rules, there will be secret judges who will not identify themselves as judges. Exhibition teams must demonstrate and explain their projects to all the visitors during the official times.
Registered spectators will decide People's Choice Awards. People's Choice Award (PCA) Judges may win raffle prizes such as Google Homes. Drawing will be held on Sat around 3:40pm. Must be present to win.
Bios of Exhibition Judges
- Live feed link available on www.stpetebeach.org for Friday night BottleSumo and Saturday RoboHit Game
Facebook Live video streaming for all 3 days at https://www.facebook.com/
- Locals can catch our TV channel on Spectrum channel 642
Bios of Exhibition, GRAF, RoboParade, Robot Drawing Judges
Call the News Media
We need to recognize students' achievement in science and engineering fields. Each team's achievement is remarkable and needs to be celebrated! If you have any media contacts please call them to publicize your team's achievements. Please call TV stations, newspapers, and other news media and invite them to come to the World Robofest Championship.
World Championship 2016
Summary Score Sheets for all categories (Under "Files" section)
Friday-Saturday Summary Schedule in PDF (includes map, practice field & competition locations, and dinner information)
Sat May 14 Official List of Game, Exhibition, and Vcc teams in PDF (as of May 11)
Bios of Exhibition Judges (as of May 6)
World Championship 2015
Friday-Saturday Schedule (includes map, practice field & competition locations, and dinner information)
View the Official 2015 World Robofest Poster!
World Championship 2014
- List of World Championship Winners
- Detailed scores can be found on the site webpages.
- Photos have been posted to the Robofest Facebook page!
- Friday-Saturday Schedule (includes map, practice field location, dinner information, and WISER)
- Saturday World Championship Schedule
- Draft Programs: BottleSumo | BottleZone | Unknown Mission Challenge