Information and FAQ about Video Regional Championship
Q. My R2R game competition team has advanced to Regional Video Championship from a non-MI site.
(1) Do I need to submit a video? No. Game teams are determined by the qualifying site scores.
(2) When do we know if we are advanced to World Championship? Coach will be notified by email in late March or early April.
(3) Is the team allowed to continue improving the robot? Of course yes.
(4) Is there any additional fees? No
Q. My exhibition (or RFD)
team has advanced to Regional Video Championship from a non-MI site.
(1) When is the deadline for video submission? 4/9 Noon, EDT (Send video link to [email protected])
(2) Can we continue to improve our projects and reshoot another video to submit? Yes
(3) Are we required to pay another $50 registration fee? No.
(4) Will the judging sheets from our qualifying competition be considered in the judging of the video regional championship at Lawrence Tech? No. Lawrence Tech judges will decide based on the video contents. They may contact teams via phone (or Skype) directly to students, if they have questions.
(5) When will we find out if we have advanced from where we are now? We need to know early to arrange trip. We will send email to each team, around 4/11 after the Lawrence Tech Judge meeting.
Q. Where is the Video_R_Championship link?
Q. Do you have any information on how we can order additional Robofest trophies?
Go to the Trophy Reorder link on 2012 page under 2012 Resources.