Last Updated: 5-23-08
TARDEC (The U.S. Army
Tank-Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center) Joint Center
for Robotics plans to have a display for interested High School students.
The display will be setup throughout IGVC but at that time High Schools will
be invited to visit and will be given briefings on various Fielded & TARDEC
addition, Robofest teams as well as a FIRST team supported by
TARDEC will display their robots.
Date & Time
- Sunday, June 1st
from 3-5pm and
- (Optional) Monday, June 2, 8am - 11am, right after the IGVC opening ceremonies.
Location & Venue
Teams Invited (Must send
names of students by Tuesday May 27, to Jeff Sparing, [email protected])
- Sr. Game
- Sr. Exhibition
- Sr. Sumo
- Mini Urban Challenge
Things to bring
- Your robot(s)
- Your computer to program your robot to adjust light
- Trophies, certificates, and medals you won to display
teams may need poster boards to introduce the robotics project
LTU & TARDEC will prepare the following:
- Team tables and chairs; extension power cords; power strips
field and two Sr. Sumo boards
- One Mini Urban Challenge course made of
black foam boards
- Exhibition teams may need poster boards to introduce
the robotics project
- Certificate of participation
Prizes for Sr. Sumo Mini
When to setup?
- Teams can
setup and test beginning on Friday May 30, from 9am in a dedicated tent for the
- Teams may leave their belongings in the tent, since there will be security
Notes to RoboSumo teams
- Bring a flash light as well as a touch sensor for unknown
- Prof. Bozin will be the Judge
Notes to Teams and Spectators
- The event is open to the public.
- Admission is free. Parking is free.
Any questions, please email to Robofest Coordinator, Jeff Sparling at