Last Updated: 4-23-07 (UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!)
Date and Time
Saturday, April 28, 2007, 8:00am - 4:00pm. Doors open at 7:30 A.M.
World Robofest will be held during the LTU Open House. Please visit the Open
House Postcard for information on Open House activities going on April 28th on the campus.
Don Ridler Field House, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West 10 Mile, Southfield, MI 48075.
Directions to LTU.
Field House is the No. 2 building in this LTU
Campus Map. Use parking lot "F" or "C".
Venue / Floor Plan
List of Qualified Teams
Notes to Team Coaches and Teams
- Robofest coach account has been browse-only (no modification) after regional contests. You may not add new team members.
Editing team information is only allowed for correction of misspelled names and updated team/robot pictures.
If you need to change names or upload team photos, please send emails to Lori Birman at [email protected] by April 13.
- Bring completed the
Consent and Media Release Forms for all participants, including
- Exhibition teams may need poster boards to introduce the robotics project. Competition teams do not need poster boards.
- $30 check-in fee per team. Please bring cash or check made out to LTU/Robofest.
- It is highly recommended to bring your own extension cords and power strips for laptops.
More on Miner Rescue Games
- There will be 5 official playing fields. The dimension of the track will be different from that of regionals.
- There will be 4 practice game tracks
- Unknown Problems will also be difficult and different.
- Locations of balls may be more unknown;
- Orientation of the tunnel will be same as that of qualifying sites.
- Judge's decision is final
Comments on Oral Presentation/Exam
- Teams (Game or Exhibition) need to introduce team members and their roles. Do not forget to introduce your robots in technical terms. For example, introduce sensors used and gearing
- Answer a Question: Please note that team discussion time will be included in the 45 seconds.
- Exhibition Presentation: Teams have 4 minutes for their official demonstration. The Answer a Question will be gievn after thir demonstration.
Notes to VEX Petathlon teams
It will be held in the main gym.
See the schedule above.
Notes to RoboSumo teams
- If your team signed up April 27 qualifier, please come to the court #3 by 6pm.
- It will be held in a raquet ball court #3 in the gym. Final matches will be held in the main gym on Sat.
See the schedule above.
Notes to RoboFashionShow teams
- If your team signed up April 27 qualifier, please come to the main gymnasium by 6pm on Friday.
- Whenever your team is ready to demo the fashion show, let Dr. Roshanaei or Dr. Chung know. The team has two chances to
do the presentation by 8:30pm)
- Sat schedule: See the schedule above.
Notes to Mini Urban Challenge teams
- It will be held in a raquet ball court #1 in the Field House.
- The floor will be covered with blue tarps. (Since the surface of the tarp is glassy, there will be some glares.)
We will be using white duct tapes for the dashed line.
The color for the arrows will be green. The actual arrow shape and size are unknown. For college teams only: We will be using qa small safety cones
with only organe color (no white stripes).
- Only two runs
- Qualifier on Friday April 27th: 3pm - 9pm
We will simply check line following ability of your robot. If the robot follows the white dashed line, the team will be qualified to the Worlds.
- Schedule for Saturday April 28th: See above table
Award Trophies and Prizes
- Renewable $2,000 LTU Scholarships!
- LEGO NXTs and other robotics kits
- Big Trophies and personalized individual trophies for official competition categories
- Details will be announced soon.
- Canditates of the Best Team Picture Awards (coming soon!)
Notes to Teams that needs to stay a night in Southfield, Michigan
- We have made a hotel room block at a hotel that is adjacent to our campus; it is a
Inn Express hotel in Southfield, MI. The suite rooms are $79 a night only for LTU guests;
Robofest will pay for one night's hotel accommodation for out-of-state or international teams.
You are responsible for making your own room reservation
if you would like to stay at this Hotel. The phone number is
Please ask for the LTU Robofest room rate, $79.
The closest airport for you to fly in would be Detroit Metro
Airport (DTW). We are approximately 20 miles from the airport. (We do
not have a preferred air fare with any vendor.) You may want to
rent a car for ease in getting to and from the airport and to and
from campus. The hotel is very close, but you will have robots to
carry, and you never know about the weather in April, it may be
- In addition, we provide buses from the airport for international teams only coming from outside the USA.
- Welcome lunch and campus tour is being planned on Friday April 27th around noon for teams outside Michigan.
Details are coming soon.
- Please check out / print information for visitors.
Notes to Teams and Spectators
- Admission is free. Parking is free.
- You may bring your own lunch or use Robofest Concession Stand
Hours: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm (Lunch served from 11am to 3pm)
- Coffee $1.00
- Soda Pop or Bottled Water $1.00
- Wrapped Pastries $1.50
- Chips $1.00
- Candy $.75
- Whole Fruit $.75
- Pizza by the slice $2.00
- Whole Pizza $15.00
- Hot-dog $2.00
- Cheesy Nachos $3.00
- Some Robofest T-shirts as well as promotion items can be purchased.
- We need to recognize students'
achievement in science and engineering fields.
Each team's achievement is remarkable and
needs to be celebrated!
If you have any media contacts please call them to publicize your team's achievements.
Please call TV stations, newspapers, and News Media to come to World Robofest.
We need Volunteers!!!
If you are available, please register
here. If you know someone who might be interested in World Robofest volunteer positions, please
let them know this opportunity.
Any questions, please email to [email protected]