Robofest 2007 Rule Clarifications, Updates, and FAQ
Last Updated on April 22, 2007
- Exhibition Judging Rule Change:
- Public demonstration performance (reliability): 30% (old: 35%)
- Originality (creativity and imagination): 20% (old: 25%)
- Team public presentation and answer of question: 20% (old: 10%)
- Miner Rescue Game Rule: All ground contact points must start on the 10x24 board. (This means that
the robots can hang over the 10x24 board as long as all the wheels are touching the 10x24 board, for example.)
- World Robofest at Lawrence Tech on April 28, now requires check-in fee of $30.
- Judging Rule Updates and Clarifications: Please read this Power Point Slides for
the Warm-Up Competition
- NEW!Vex Pentathlon Clarifications
- Q1: Will there be any updates to the official rules that have been published?
Ans: No, there will not be any changes made to the official rules document found on the Robofest site.
Any revisions or corrections or clarifications will be made to this page.
Therefore, all participants are strongly suggested to check out this page periodically.
- Q2: How do I pay online after registering team(s)?
Ans: The online registration system does not ask automatically to pay the fee in order to give
sometime for teachers and coaches to add or drop teams before actually paying. Therefore, if you finally decide
to go with the current team(s) you registered, then logon again, go to Team Management page by clicking
your site link, then click on "Pay Registration Fees" link. We hope the introduction of the registration
fee will decrease drop-out rate and increase the quality of Robofest program.
Also, please consider 3-4 day delay if you apply for an extended PayPal account.
- Q3: Is a touch sensor needed to bring for the Unknown Problem?
Ans: Yes, it may be needed. So please bring one.
- Q4: Can the team name or who the coach is be changed?
Ans: Yes. The steps are - (1) The old coach logon the Robofest registration system.
(2) Update the coach info: new coach name, address, phone, and new email address.
(3) Give the current password to the new coach.
(4) The new coach must confirm by reading an email sent from the Robofest system.
Any problems, please send email to [email protected]