2003 Rule Updates and Clarifications
- Mission Possible game rule: in "Playing Field Intsrutcions and Purchase List" section /
"before the ramp" should be changed to "before the 12x36 shelf".
- During the 2nd informational meeting, we discussed about assigning unique message number
to each team or making the information known to coaches for the communication between two
robots for the �Mission Possible� Robofest 2003 game.
However, there was a question whether it is all right to send malicious messages to other
team�s robot in order to sabotage other teams.
In the real world situations, in order to develop reliable systems, we have to consider
every case including noisy, uncertain, ambiguous, and even malicious data.
However, the sprit of Robofest is for �cooperation� and �friendship�. Therefore it should
*not* be allowed to send harmful messages to other teams. In order to make sure the safe
environment during the official competition, we are going to prepare a portable wall between
tracks to prevent from getting unwanted messages from other robots.
- It is required for exhibition teams to bring posters to describe the exhibition.
Each exhibition team will be given an easel.
"Mission Possible" Rule Clarifications
- The 2nd robot can start only after 1st robot touches the end block.
Two robots must not touch each other as stated in the rule.
- To detect the wastebasket, you may use any method such as light sensor, touch sensor, or
- Suppose that you succeeded in the regular start but you failed in dumping the radioactive
shieding. If you want to restart, you may use either regular or manual start, since already
you earned the points for the regular start. In general, human player may pick up robots
any time. However, the robot should be
started from the begining using either regular or manual start method.
- Advanced Robot Competition Division are allowed to use non-lego parts
in order to build their robots.
- Lego competition teams may use non-lego parts for decoration/cosmetic purposes only.