Welcome to Robofest!
Robofest is a variety of competitions and events with autonomous robots – programmed to act independently and not remote-controlled – that encourages students to have fun while learning principles of physical science, computer science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), Computer Science, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Students design, construct, and program the robots. Adult coaches are not allowed to assist during the events.
Since 2000, over 14,000 students have competed in Robofest, including teams from 13 US States, England, Canada, China, France, India, Brazil, South Korea, Mexico, and Singapore.
Teams compete in the junior (grades 4-8), senior (grades 9-12), and college divisions. Student teams, composed of up to seven members each, can participate in a variety of events:
- Game - A team of students competes to accomplish robotics missions using fully autonomous robots. Robofest game especially puts math skills to the test. [Registration is OPEN for all qualifying competition sites]
- Exhibition - Each team has complete freedom to show off any creative computer programmed robotics R&D project. [Registration is OPEN for all qualifying competition sites]
- Vision Centric Challenge (VCC)- Advanced category for Sr. high school and college students [Registration begins in December]
- Be the first robot to push intentionally a bottle off the table OR be the last robot remaining on the table. [Registration for North American Championship on May 2nd 2014 will be open in March 2014]
- Find and occupy the zone. [Registration for North American Championship on May 2nd 2014 will be open in March 2014]
- RoboParade [Registration is OPEN]
- (Global Robotic Arts Festival) - Robotic Music, Fashion & Dance, Robotic Painting, and Interactive Kinetic Sculptures [Registration is closed]
- (Unknown Mission Challenge): Mission tasks will be totally unknown until the day of competition [Registration is closed]
Any robotics kits are allowed in the construction of robots. Robofest has multiple venues in the US and several other countries.
Check out our Google calendar for the latest listing of events!